What do I get with my SAF membership?
YOUR ADVOCATE for the industry fighting for your business
- Experienced lobbyists on Capitol Hill -- Keeping an eye on government regulation and policy that impacts your bottom line.
- Responding to Negative Publicity in the media and promoting the positive impact of flowers.
INDUSTRY-ACCLAIMED PUBLICATIONS to Keep You Up-to-Date
- Floral Management — SAF's monthly magazine that highlights industry news and trends.
- SAF's Washington Week in Review — a weekly legislative newsletter that keeps you informed on the legislative and regulatory issues that affect your business and your customers.
- Wednesday E-Brief — our weekly email newsletter, keeping you abreast of breaking news.
SERVICES AND EVENTS to connect you to customers
- Access to SAF's network of retail florists across the industry and across the country to expand the number of customers you see too.
- Network with potention customers at SAF Events such as the Annual Convention, Retail Growth Solutions and One-Day Profit Blast
BUSINESS TOOLS to save you money
- Wholesale Staff Training Program -- Wholesale staff training with Sales Consultant Tim Huckabee of FloralStrategies, Inc.
- Legal advice — phone consultation with an experienced small-business attorney.
- Savings on a variety of valuable business services including: FedEX Ground and Express shipping, payroll management, vehicle leasing and fleet management services, last minute truck rentals, etc.
- Complete series of OSHA manuals to help you avoid inspection violations and costly fines
- Personnel Tools tailored to the industry including an employee handbook and floral job descriptions that you can download and customize to fit your needs.
SAF Membership Pays for Itself
ESTIMATED IMPACT OF BUSINESS SERVICES
|Service Used|| ||Cost|| ||Result|| ||Value|
|15 Minute Legal Consultation|| ||FREE|| ||Avoided penalty/recovered loss|| ||$50|
|Signed up for FedEx shipping discount program|| ||FREE|| ||Saved 21% on Express and 15% on Ground shipping|| ||$848*|
|Leased vehicle through SAF/Enterprise partnership|| ||FREE|| ||Lower monthly payments/tax savings|| ||$300|
|OSHA Handbook|| ||FREE|| ||Avoided Fines from Inspection|| ||$800|
|Customizable Employee Handbook|| ||FREE|| ||Avoided Lawsuit and Associated Legal Fees|| ||$5,000|
* Average annual savings for members participating in the FedEx Discount Program
Need more reasons to join? It's all about who you know.
SAF is your connection to the Capitol! Not only do we keep you informed on the legislative and regulatory issues that impact your business, we put you in direct contact with your representatives in Congress and make sure that they get your message.
Do you sometimes feel like you're going at it alone? SAF links you to hundreds of other growers who deal with the same situations and problems you do, and many of them can offer you solutions through the stories covered in SAF publications. Our online discussion boards, and connections you make by becoming involved and attending SAF events, SAF links you to the rest of the industry to help you understand what's going on with suppliers, your customers, and issues in other segments of the supply chain that can directly affect you. And, if you're connected and informed, you're better prepared to handle problems when they arise, which gives you peace of mind about your business and your livelihood.
SAF membership is a great investment in yourself and your businesses.
Click here to apply online now.
For more information please contact our Member Services Department at 800.336.4743 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.