Why Growers Join SAF
What do I get with my SAF membership?
YOUR ADVOCATE ON CAPITOL HILL
- Your advocate on Capitol Hill fighting for your business.
- Working on issues that impact your business, your employees and bottom line.
INDUSTRY-ACCLAIMED PUBLICATIONS to Keep You Up-to-Date on key issues.
- SAF's Washington Week in Review — a weekly legislative newsletter that keeps you informed on the legislative and regulatory issues that affect your business.
- Wednesday E-Brief — our weekly email newsletter, called the "USA Today" of the floral industry!
NETWORKING EVENTS and educational opportunties to help manage your business more safely, efficiently and profitably.
- Make connections with possible customers at the SAF Annual Convention.
- SAF Congressional Action Days -- Your chance to talk directly to your lawmakers and lobby for your business with the help of SAF on the Hill.
- SAF Pest Management Conference — Learn the latest proven techniques to help fight insects and disease. Networking with growers from varying backgrounds helps attendees create the best strategies to adapt their business.
OPPORTUNITIES to highlight your unique products and services
- Outstanding Varieties Competition — Held during the SAF Annual Convention, the Outstanding Varieties Competition and Exhibition is a showcase of the floral industry's most exciting flowers, foliage, and plants.
- SAF Annual Convention — Each year, growers, and suppliers from the U.S. and around the world donate fresh flowers, foliage, plants and supplies to help a team of leading designers turn our convention site into an amazing floral showplace. Companies that donate product receive in-kind sponsorship recognition through a product sponsor listing in the on-site convention program, recognition at the Presidents Banquet and in SAF Publications, and a link from our website to yours.
- Floral Management Features — Each issue of our magazine includes sections called "New Product" and "Fresh Choices," which feature various types of flowers for which retail and wholesale florists should be "on the lookout." Often, new varieties are highlighted. If you're growing unique flowers that might spark the next "hot trend" in floral design, let us know…we may feature your products in an upcoming issue!
INDUSTRY NEWS AND RESAERCH proven to improve your business
- Industry Research keeping you on top of trends across the marketplace
- Consumer Research making sure you are on top of consumer buying patterns.
- Savings on a variety of valuable business services including: FedEX Ground and Express shipping, payroll management, vehicle leasing and fleet management services, last minute truck rentals, etc.
- Complaince tools like OSHA manuals to help you avoid inspection violations and costly fines.
- Personnel Tools tailored to the industry including an employee handbook and floral job descriptions that you can download and customize to fit your needs.
SAF Membership Pays for Itself
SAF products and services help save you money and boost sales.
ESTIMATED IMPACT OF BUSINESS SERVICES
|15 Minute Legal Consultation||FREE||Avoided penalty/recovered loss||$50|
|Signed up for FedEx shipping discount program||FREE||Saved 21% on Express and 15% on Ground shipping||$312*|
|Leased vehicle through SAF/Enterprise partnership||FREE||Lower monthly payments/tax savings||$300|
|OSHA Handbook||FREE||Avoided Fines from Inspection||$800|
|Customizable Employee Handbook||FREE||Avoided Lawsuit and Associated Legal Fees||$5,000|
* Average annual savings for members participating in the FedEx Discount Program
Need more reasons to join? It's all about who you know.
SAF is your connection to the Capitol! Not only do we keep you informed on the legislative and regulatory issues that impact your business, we put you in direct contact with your representatives in Congress and make sure that they get your message.
Do you sometimes feel like you're going at it alone? SAF links you to hundreds of other growers who deal with the same situations and problems you do, and many of them can offer you solutions through the stories covered in SAF publications. Our online discussion boards, and connections you make by becoming involved and attending SAF events, SAF links you to the rest of the industry to help you understand what's going on with suppliers, your customers, and issues in other segments of the supply chain that can directly affect you. And, if you're connected and informed, you're better prepared to handle problems when they arise, which gives you peace of mind about your business and your livelihood.
SAF membership is a great investment in yourself and your businesses.
Click here to apply online now.
For more information please contact our Member Services Department at 800.336.4743 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.