Why Growers Join SAF
What do I get with my SAF membership?
INDUSTRY-ACCLAIMED PUBLICATIONS to Keep You Up-to-Date
- SAF's Washington Week in Review — a weekly legislative newsletter that keeps you informed on the legislative and regulatory issues that affect your business.
- Wednesday E-Brief — our weekly email newsletter, called the "USA Today" of the floral industry!
- Floral Management — monthly magazine.
EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES to help manage your business more safely, efficiently and profitably.
- SAF Pest Management Conference — Learn the latest proven techniques to help fight insects and disease. Networking with growers from varying backgrounds helps attendees create the best strategies to adapt their business. Held in partner with Greenhouse Grower Magazine.
OPPORTUNITIES to highlight your unique products and services
- Outstanding Varieties Competition — Held during the SAF Annual Convention, the Outstanding Varieties Competition and Exhibition is a showcase of the floral industry's most exciting flowers, foliage, and plants.
- SAF Annual Convention — Each year, growers, and suppliers from the U.S. and around the world donate fresh flowers, foliage, plants and supplies to help a team of leading designers turn our convention site into an amazing floral showplace. Companies that donate product receive in-kind sponsorship recognition through a product sponsor listing in the on-site convention program, recognition at the Presidents Banquet and in SAF Publications, and a link from our website to yours.
- Floral Management Features — Each issue of our magazine includes sections called "New Product" and "Fresh Choices," which feature various types of flowers for which retail and wholesale florists should be "on the lookout." Often, new varieties are highlighted. If you're growing unique flowers that might spark the next "hot trend" in floral design, let us know…we may feature your products in an upcoming issue!
POWERFUL TOOLS AND SERVICES to Build Your Business
- Legal advice — phone consultation with an experienced small-business attorney.
- Savings on a variety of valuable business services including: FedEX Ground and Express shipping, payroll management, vehicle leasing and fleet management services, last minute truck rentals, etc.
- Complete series of OSHA manuals to help you avoid inspection violations and costly fines.
- Access to a network of colleagues across the industry and across the country, including retail florists, wholesalers and potential suppliers.
- Personnel Tools tailored to the industry including an employee handbook and floral job descriptions that you can download and customize to fit your needs.
SAF Membership Pays for Itself
SAF products and services help save you money and boost sales.
ESTIMATED IMPACT OF BUSINESS SERVICES
|15 Minute Legal Consultation||FREE||Avoided penalty/recovered loss||$50|
|Signed up for FedEx shipping discount program||FREE||Saved 21% on Express and 15% on Ground shipping||$312*|
|Leased vehicle through SAF/Enterprise partnership||FREE||Lower monthly payments/tax savings||$300|
|OSHA Handbook||FREE||Avoided Fines from Inspection||$800|
|Customizable Employee Handbook||FREE||Avoided Lawsuit and Associated Legal Fees||$5,000|
* Average annual savings for members participating in the FedEx Discount Program
Need more reasons to join? It's all about who you know.
SAF is your connection to the Capitol! Not only do we keep you informed on the legislative and regulatory issues that impact your business, we put you in direct contact with your representatives in Congress and make sure that they get your message.
Do you sometimes feel like you're going at it alone? SAF links you to hundreds of other growers who deal with the same situations and problems you do, and many of them can offer you solutions through the stories covered in SAF publications. Our online discussion boards, and connections you make by becoming involved and attending SAF events, SAF links you to the rest of the industry to help you understand what's going on with suppliers, your customers, and issues in other segments of the supply chain that can directly affect you. And, if you're connected and informed, you're better prepared to handle problems when they arise, which gives you peace of mind about your business and your livelihood.
SAF membership is a great investment in yourself and your businesses.
Click here to apply online now.
For more information please contact our Member Services Department at 800.336.4743 or by email at email@example.com.
How can SAF help me, the floral Grower?
I tell other growers that belonging to SAF does not cost, in pays. Plus, the more you participate the more you get for your investment.
H. Michael Mellano, Sr., AAF
Mellano & Company, San Luis Rey, CA.
SAF is the growers voice in Washington. We lobby for research funding earmarked specifically for floriculture and protect your interests on many key issues. We have helped defeat legislation and regulations that could have cost you big bucks, including a regulation that would have forced you to widen every aisle in your greenhouses.
Additionally, working closely with other grower associations, we have succeeded in getting Congress to appropriate $6 million annually to fund the Floriculture and Nursery Research Initiative. Administered by the USDA's Agricultural Research Service (ARS), this research specifically benefits the floral industry through projects aimed and improving pest management, environmental management, and production systems, while producing higher quality, longer lasting flowers and plants.
SAF also provides input to the American Floral Endowment on research priorities and reviews proposed industry research project. If you know of a study or research effort that could benefit the floral industry, we can put you in touch with the right people to get you stated.
SAF membership is a great investment in yourself and your business. Click here and apply online now!
For more information please contact SAF Member Services, (800) 336-4743 or email firstname.lastname@example.org