SAF — in Washington DC, the Face and Voice of a Strong and Unified Industry
Legislation and regulations can threaten you and your business.
SAF is here to protect your interests before Congress and government agencies.
A single voice for a strong industry, working every day with Members of Congress and federal officials.
But it all can't be done from Washington! SAF's efforts need your involvement and support through:
- Action Alerts – It’s easy for you to email your Representative and Senators on key issues. Just follow the link posted here or click on “Write to Congress" link at the top right hand corner of the page!
- Legislative Resource Center - Learn more about legislation that affects your business and what the Government Relations Team is doing in Washington to promote floral industry issues on Capitol Hill.
- Grassroots Guide to Survival - Grassroots activism is driven from people like you. Constituents have the ability to shape the views of their lawmakers and the policies that are made on Capitol Hill like no other interest group can. Our Grassroots Guide shows you the steps to developing a relationship with your lawmaker, so you can become part of the policy making process.
- Tell us Your Story/I Know my Member of Congress! - SAF wants to hear from you! Let us know how the government has affected your business. Also, let us know if you have an existing relationship with a member of Congress that would help us achieve our legislative goals here in Washington.
- Congressional Action Days – Every spring, SAF hosts this two-day event which brings members of the floral industry to the nation’s capital, educates them on how to talk to Congress, and sets up meetings with their lawmakers! It's a great way to meet lawmakers– and your colleagues. This year's event took place March 11-12 - Read coverage of CAD right here.
- SAFPAC – The floral industry’s political action committee – helps to support senators and representatives who support our industry and its issues. SAFPAC is an important tool, and your participation is needed and welcomed. Would you like more information about the SAFPAC Golf Tournament? Contact Brian Gamberini. All of the proceeds go to funding industry friendly candidates for Congress!
- Week in Review – A weekly, hard-hitting summary of what’s happening of concern in Congress, delivered to your email (or to your fax, if you prefer). Click here to sign up to receive your copy every Friday afternoon. SAF also sends to every member its biweekly newsletter, Dateline, and of course, monthly, Floral Management. In addition, E-brief is e-mailed every Wednesday to SAF members who have valid e-mail addresses. To sign up to receive Week in Review, please email us.
For more information contact SAF's Government Relations department:
Keywords: Congressional Action Days, Government, floral legislation