Make Your Voice Heard!
Become a Floral Industry Grassroots Advocate
SAF's grassroots program is designed to put you in position to build a relationship with your lawmakers. Congressmen need to hear from their constituents, and by connecting a face to a name you can start developing your relationship today. SAF is making it easy for you to reach out to your Congressmen and Senators with our Guide to Grassroots Survival.
What more can I do?
Where do I start?
|• Do you know who your Representative is? Go here to find yours.|
• Do you know your two Senators? Not sure, find out here.
• Have you attended SAF's Congressional Action Days (CAD)?
• Got Questions? We are here to help; contact Brian Gamberini .
Got Questions, Contact SAF!
SAF GR Contact Information
What is a Grassroots Campaign?
Grassroots activism is a coordinated effort from a group of people who believe in a certain cause ; in our case the promotion of the floral industry. SAF connects you to people in the floral industry who are concerned about these issues. To have a successful grassroots campaign, efforts must be timely and coherent. The floral industry needs to speak with a unified voice in order to influence the power players at the highest level.
Where do I Start?
What is the Best Way to Contact My Lawmaker?
- EMAIL, EMAIL, EMAIL!! No more snail mail! Mailed letters take too long to get to their office.
- Call your legislator in Washington DC or in their district office.
What More Can I Do?
- Attend a Town Hall meeting in your district
- Participate in SAFPAC and support the industry's only political action committee
- Host a Tour of your business for your lawmaker.
- When is the best time to do these things? Recess periods -- check our the 2013 recess calendar here.
Keywords: grassroots, government, floral legislation