PFCI Programs at the AIFD National Symposium
In conjunction with the American Institute of Floral Designers National Symposium, PFCI presents seminars of interest to up-and-coming speakers and PFCI members.
PFCI Rise & Shine 2015: 50 Years of Talking!
WHEN Saturday, July 4, 2015; 7:30-9 a.m.
WHERE In conjunction with the AIFD National Symposium 2015
Sheraton Denver Downtown - Governor’s Room 11 — next to the AIFD main stage
1550 Court Place
Denver, CO 80202
Featuring: Marlin Hargrove, AIFD, PFCI; Jerome Raska, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, CAFA, CF; Frankie Shelton, AAF, AIFD, PFCI; Derek C. Woodruff, AIFD, PFCI, CF
Moderated by: Julie Poeltler AIFD, PFCI, IMF, CAFA; J. Robbin Yelverton, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, CF
Do you love talking about flowers and floral design? Do you present programs to garden clubs or other professionals?
Then wake up early for this presentation by Professional Floral Communicators - International. Established in 1965, PFCI is the service mark of the floral industry's finest floral educators.
To celebrate our 50th anniversary, we gathered a panel of some of our brightest stars — from our favorite mentors who inspired us to grow to the new voices of today — to dish their secrets for overcoming stage jitters, winning the audience and much more.
Reserve your spot today!
Or contact PFCI at the Society of American Florists at 800-336-4743, ext. 216; PFCI@safnow.org.
This program is not included with Symposium registration. Program fee: $50 before June 22; $75 after. PFCI member fee: Complimentary.
- Bridal Sense, Scents & Cents: Make more money selling wedding flowers.
- Creating Brand You: This program covers: Marketing & Business, Economy & Profitability, Time Management, and Image & Brand.
- Creating Your Style: Speak with confidence and captivate audiences with your own personal speaking style!
- Keys to Communication: Discover the technical keys of communication used by professional presenters.
- Knock their Socks Off — In Person and on Camera!: Discover the dos and don’ts to deliver awe-inspiring presentations.
- Professional Lifesaving Lessons: PFCI covers enhancing the professional image, rejuvenating the shop environment and becoming a positive leader.
- Secrets of Savvy Communicators: Find out how to secure positive media coverage and answer the tough questions.
- Speaking the Language of Sales & Service: Find out what your customers want, how your customers think and how to handle customer interactions correctly.
- Thinking On Your Feet: Organize and deliver your thoughts with confidence, effectively use demonstrations to "spice up" your speaking, project a knowledgeable, self-assured image, better manage those nervous butterflies and deliver messages with impact.
- Verbal, Visual, Vocal: The seminar will refresh your knowledge, energy and enthusiasm for floral presentations.
- You're On In 3, 2, 1 ...: Practice makes perfect. And having that practice tweaked by the pros makes perfection easier to attain. During this presentation consultation, seize the stage and get immediate, expert feedback from PFCI.
- You're On In 3, 2, 1, ... Episode 2 The Elevator Speech: Elevator. Boardroom. Social Event. Where are you going to make your next sales pitch? What would you say if you only had 5 to 60 seconds to make a valuable impression?
- You're On in 3, YouTube, 1: Learning to communicate via YouTube is becoming a prerequisite for local florists who want to reach a broad base of customers and position themselves as experts in the industry.
- You're On In 3, 2, 1 ... Media Savvy: Be a media darling! Have you ever wondered how to land a TV interview and be the flower expert on the local news showing floral designs and talking about your shop? Learn how to become a news source and tips for displaying your products on the media table.