PFCI Programs at the AIFD National Symposium
In conjunction with the American Institute of Floral Designers National Symposium, PFCI presents seminars of interest to up-and-coming speakers and PFCI members.
You're On In 3, 2, 1 ... Media Savvy
In conjunction with the 2014 AIFD National Symposium
July 7, 2014
7:30 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
Be a media darling! Have you ever wondered how to land a TV interview and be the flower expert on the local news showing floral designs and talking about your shop? Come to this presentation by Professional Floral Communicators - International (PFCI). Here you will learn how to become a news source and tips for displaying your products on the media table.
Reserve your spot today! Contact PFCI at (800) 336-4743; PFCI@safnow.org. This program is not included with Symposium registration.
Program fee: $50 before June 18; $75 after.
PFCI member fee: Complimentary.
Past PFCI Programs at AIFD National Symposiums
Click the links for handouts and information from past PFCI programs.
- Bridal Sense, Scents & Cents: Make more money selling wedding flowers.
- Creating Brand You: This program covers: Marketing & Business, Economy & Profitability, Time Management, and Image & Brand.
- Creating Your Style: Speak with confidence and captivate audiences with your own personal speaking style!
- Keys to Communication: Discover the technical keys of communication used by professional presenters.
- Knock their Socks Off — In Person and on Camera!: Discover the dos and don’ts to deliver awe-inspiring presentations.
- Professional Lifesaving Lessons: PFCI covers enhancing the professional image, rejuvenating the shop environment and becoming a positive leader.
- Secrets of Savvy Communicators: Find out how to secure positive media coverage and answer the tough questions.
- Speaking the Language of Sales & Service: Find out what your customers want, how your customers think and how to handle customer interactions correctly.
- Thinking On Your Feet: Organize and deliver your thoughts with confidence, effectively use demonstrations to "spice up" your speaking, project a knowledgeable, self-assured image, better manage those nervous butterflies and deliver messages with impact.
- Verbal, Visual, Vocal: The seminar will refresh your knowledge, energy and enthusiasm for floral presentations.
- You're On In 3, 2, 1 ...: Practice makes perfect. And having that practice tweaked by the pros makes perfection easier to attain. During this presentation consultation, seize the stage and get immediate, expert feedback from PFCI.
- You're On In 3, 2, 1, ... Episode 2 The Elevator Speech: Elevator. Boardroom. Social Event. Where are you going to make your next sales pitch? What would you say if you only had 5 to 60 seconds to make a valuable impression?
- You're On in 3, YouTube, 1: Learning to communicate via YouTube is becoming a prerequisite for local florists who want to reach a broad base of customers and position themselves as experts in the industry.